Wednesday, May 30, 2012

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

Full article here

A snip:
A report issued by the State Council Information Office of the People's Republic of China has included U.S. gun ownership among a list of  human rights violations, Law Enforcement Examiner Jim Kouri reported yesterday.  "The Human Rights Record of the United States in 2011" was published last Friday on the PRC’s Consulate General in New York website.
“The United States prioritizes the right to keep and bear arms over the protection of citizens' lives and personal security and exercises lax firearm possession control, causing rampant gun ownership,” the report claims. “The U.S. people hold between 35 percent and 50 percent of the world' s civilian-owned guns, with every 100 people having 90 guns [and] 47 percent of American adults reported that they had a gun.”

 My initial response to this was vile anger at the pompousness of it. Then I remembered our own politicians sold us out to these people. Well, first and foremost I am an American. This countries founding ideals, and dream of Liberty of all is the only national ideology I would sacrifice my life for. But with that said I am of 100% Greek descent. And I only have two words for China, the UN, or anyone else who wants to try to disarm me "Molon Labe".

Don't get me wrong, I do not believe that now is the time to rush into any action. As Patriots, or whatever else you call yourself, our position is reactionary, it is not provocative or incendiary. A day may come, when it does most every American will know it. It's just not here yet. Still


No comments:

Post a Comment