Monday, May 14, 2012

Individualism is the strongest element of Opposition,

And is of course one of the first things the fascist and communists will attack. The necessity of a Bill of Rights among free peoples is almost universally accepted, and I agree. I could sit here and argue my belief that Thomas Jefferson was the biggest Anti-federalist of them all, but he was moved aside and sent to France when his input may very well have changed the course of this nation. We call the government in DC our Federal Government,  but the truth is it is not. It is a Central Authority, and it's power, reach, and scope have grown every year of it's existence. James Madison himself in the Federalist Papers admitted as much, saying that the Constitutional government held aspects of both centralized and federal. He went on to say that a true federal government could only be accomplished through a leaguing of States, as was put forth under the Articles of Confederation.

So why am I so on this point of view? What does A Firm league of Friendship actually mean to us today? Can we just turn things around to how our system should have worked since the beginning... No we are not there yet. The mob is still asleep, though not for much longer I think. I think that if you agree with me the best thing we can do is spread these thoughts and facts. The virtue of standing on ones own feet, of allowing others to live their own lives, so you and I may live ours uninhibited by far off bureaucrats. We need to get these ideas out to as many other people as we can. Even if only one person out of a thousand ends up listening it's worth the effort. That one person may end up reaching millions. Or may raise his or her children with these ideals and they may reach more than could be imagined. The commie/fascist crowd has beat us to this by decades. They own the schools, the public officials, and the mass programing media. I have to say the radio is out of control these days. They play the same ten songs over and over all day long, in stores, elevators, and a thousand other places. If you listen to popular radio stations you may as well be tied to a chair with your eyes forced open and accept the programing. But that is a post for another day.

I can remember when I first really woke up to the fact things were terribly wrong. I remember the shattering of all the rah rah Go America feelings when that moment occurred. I love my country, I love it's founding principals(I don't say this lightly), and yet I have never really known them or lived under them. When I was child growing up in the 80's there was still some freedom left in this nation, it's gone now. When you see police officers choking 13 year olds for skateboarding, beating the elderly for little reason, or blowing away a Marine Veteran for ensuring his families safety. You know as well as I do where we are headed. I don't really believe that voting means anything or matters in the slightest. I do however believe that if we can form a new political view, if we can nurture it, and make it grow. Then perhaps when we come out the other side of the trials ahead we can start it over again, and do it in the way the founders truly intended it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment