Monday, May 21, 2012

Home School

I home school my five children. I am proud of this fact. I am unapologetic in teaching my young children true American history, and to have a deep sense of pride in their ancestors achievements. 

Today we focused on the Wright Brothers, and their achievements. I had forgotten about the race they were in with Samuel Peirpoint Langley. Here you see two American brothers, dreamers, entrepreneurs utterly and completely trounce the federal government backed Sam Langley, and change the world forever. Wilbur & Orville set a goal, went after it and succeeded with out any governmental(emphasis on the mental) help or interference. They went from a small modest bike shop in Ohio to a true world wide business. I could only imagine the hoops they would have to jump through today to satisfy Uncle Sam, not the least of which would probably have been a environmental study of kitty hawk for ten years before test flights would have been allowed. Today the federal Governments oversight would have made such an achievement impossible. But left to their own devices, and given freedom, Americans can achieve what prior had only been achieved by the Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment